Monday, December 22, 2014

most important

Monday, December 22, 2014 (5:56 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Good morning. Would You speak with me this morning about priorities? Maybe even list making? There's more to get done than I think possible. I would desperately like my will to better line up with Yours for me.

Let's see... I love You. I want that to show through . Plainly. Clearly. Loudly. I love you! Yes. Let the things that may [or may not] go on the list of things to be done this week reflect that You, Yourself, are Who and What is most important in our lives.

Isn't it interesting that the three results (Matthew 22:34-36; 37-40; Mark 12:28) I got on my initial search of Scripture bearing “most important” all deal with loving You. First and foremost.

Thank You Father. Thank You for reminding me of the obvious. I like the way The Message presents Jesus' words on the subject.

“'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them” (Matthew 22:37-40).

The comment in The Life Recovery Bible spells out living our lives for You. “To simplify our priorities, Jesus narrowed the six hundred-plus regulations of the law of Moses into two foundational commandments: Love God with everything we are and have; love our neighbors as ourself. To do these is to obey every other law.”

It goes on speaking of us not wanting to do anything to disgrace You or make You angry. As well as making ourselves aware of the pain we inadvertently cause others with careless choices.

Father, I am asking Your presence with me throughout every moment of this day. Line me up to make good decisions. Provide me the clear thinking and energy needed to progress as You wish.

I love You. I want that to be seen. First. Foremost. Forever. Thank You Father. I Love You. Amen.
(356 words ~ 6:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment