Thursday, December 18, 2014

"ARGH!"

Thursday, December 18, 2014 (8:08 a.m.)
“ARGH!” God, hear my plea!

Desperate. Heartfelt. Intense plea that You would calm the hearts and hurts around here.

You are so good. So faithful. So perfect. We are not.

Insanity seems best for summing up the miscommunications and frustration going on at “this happiest time of the year”. Help us please.

There was progress made yesterday. An openness and willingness to cooperate with one another. And then? A hurt feeling. A misspoke reference. A hit below the belt. And all bets were off.

Thank You that I get to come here before You remembering the Chutes and Ladders game of the past. Things seem to be breezing along and then “Bam!” - a broken cookie jar. Thank You for reminding me again that “Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33b).

Yea, Jesus! Thank You that Your words just prior to this Truth are, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.” Oh, thank You!

Thank You that the desperation that continues coursing through failed attempts of resolution to long standing problems can be met with Your peace. Thank You that Your Truth never changes. You do not fail. Thank You that Your Word stands true.
(12:59 p.m.)

Oh thank You. Thank You. Building a firm hope on Your one and only foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11) is what I am asking. Keep working in me that I will bring only what is pleasing to You, eternal and fire proof (v. 13) before You.

I love You. I long to serve You well. And I thank You for Your goodness and Your grace. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Thank You. Thank You. Amen.
(303 words ~ 1:02 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment