Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wow!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 (7:16 a.m.)

Wow God!

When was the last time I started off our time together with a “Wow”? Thank You Lord. Right now I ask that You would make me acutely aware of every single wow moment of this day.

It started very simply with the full-blown singing of Our God Reigns followed by my looking up the lyrics. Seeing two books of scripture listed under the title, I found my attention taken from the song directly into Your Word.

Father, I am amazed. Wowed, if You will. Lord, how easy it is for me to freely belt out the chorus here. Its truth filling my soul. But then I looked deeper into the lyrics. These are not words taken from the heart and mind of a songwriter. No. They are found right here in Your Word. Wow God. Wow!

Isaiah (52:7; 53) foretold Your coming. Your purpose. Your Passion. This always amazes me. Such detail as to what was to come. It’s one thing to have Dr. Luke (24:5-6, 39) give the historical account after the fact, but Isaiah speaking of it beforehand? Amazing!

How lovely on the mountains Are the feet of him Who bring good news, good news Announcing peace, Proclaiming news of happiness. Our God reigns, Our God reigns…

Wow Lord! Straight from Your Word into our hearts and our souls. Wow God! Let us use Your Truth well. Exactly as You would have us. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(250 words ~ 9:33 a.m. 10/12/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment