Thursday, October 6, 2011

masquerade

Thursday, October 6, 2011 (7:20 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

I love You. And just like that, You surprise me again! Not having much sound sleep, I woke up singing Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade

Immediately I thought there was no way I would find a Bible verse using this word. Again I was proven wrong!

In writing his second letter to the church at Corinth, Your apostle Paul warned the Corinthian believers against false teachers “masquerading as apostles of Christ” (2Corinthians 11:13). “And no wonder, for satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness” (vs. 14-15a).

I forget Lord. Far too often I am ready and eager to believe all of what I see and hear, no matter how far fetched. Thank You for reminding me to look carefully at who and what I am dealing with. Masquerade! Every face a different shade. Masquerade! Look around – there’s another mask behind you!

Ah, most blessed Lord. Thank You that even as we are confronted with Your truth that satan and his minions do indeed masquerade among us, it’s Your promise at the end of verse 15 that encourages us onward. “Their end will be what their actions deserve.”

Lord God, the commentary in The Life Recovery Bible reiterates what Paul preached in all of his letters. “Salvation is a free gift, paid for by the sacrificial work of Jesus Christ… Without God, we are helpless against the power of sin in our life. But with His help, no problem is too great to overcome.”

Unlike a phrase in the song Masquerade! Hide your face, so the world will never find you! Masquerade Lord how I ask You to embolden, empower, enable and equip me to live each day without masks of any kind. Help me live honestly, openly, willingly. Obeying Your will and following Your way. Set me free to live and speak truthfully, far away from the masquerade.

I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(340 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment