Saturday, October 8, 2011

Really Lord?

Saturday, October 8, 2011 (6:51 a.m.)

Really Lord?

I’ve been trying to avoid and/or change this song for over an hour. It won’t go away. It’s not one of the words of which I have ever been fond. “Groovy” as in Wouldn’t You agree Jesus You and me got a groovy kind of love Really Lord? Kind of cheesy, don’t You think?

Okay. Cheesy or not, here I come. I’m here willing to let You teach me what You’d have me learn this day. Let’s start with cheesy: Tacky, cheap, tawdry; trite; corny, cornball; cheap, unpleasant, blatantly inauthentic. Definitely not what I EVER want to be with You!

Right then. Off we go. [Icky. Squirmy. Smarmy. L] Ahem – blah – ‘groovy’ – skin crawl. I am REALLY having a negative reaction to this word Lord! It takes me right back to high school and all those times I didn’t fit in because I couldn’t/wouldn’t use the lingo! Thank You Lord that You are so much bigger than my worse memory!

One thing is for sure. I could spend the whole trying to avoid this and it still isn’t going away. So here we are. You and me. And like the word or not When I’m feeling blue, all I have to do Is take a look at You, then I’m not so blue When You’re close to me, I can feel Your heart beat [kind of J] I can hear You breathing [I wish I could!] near my ear Wouldn’t You agree, Jesus You and me got a groovy kind of love

It’s a stretch. A lot of the words lean differently than I’m used to with You. And right there I know what it is and now I’m getting eager and excited to tell [agog J] I never visualize You as humanly present! Years ago? Yes. Currently? Absolutely not. There is always just the essence of You.

And with that thought comes a whole different song and mindset. Almost two years ago to the date, I wrote another prayer with the very same words of this title, “Really Lord?” I was hesitant over the word ‘flavor’. As I pursued it, it took me to another song Sabor A Mi - loosely translated as ‘The Taste of Me’. I struggled with You that day as well Lord.

Thank You for reminding me. That day I was led to Mark 9:50. A commentary for verse 43-50 speaks of the importance of getting rid of anything in our lives that might draw us away from You. It mentions addictions and emotional baggage that we hold onto instead of You. It goes on with the need to “identify our weakness by making a fearless moral inventory of our life.” And instructs of the need to take action by cutting off any offensive parts of ourselves so we can begin the process of healing. This rather long commentary also speaks of the importance of having a support group to help us through such drastic measures. That brings me back to thinking of You in human form.

So what did I do with that thought? Me, being me, GoodSearch.com d “Jesus with skin on”. And now I HAVE to agree, Jesus You and me got a groovy kind of love We got a groovy kind of love We got a groovy kind of love

I read websites that told of people being You with skin on in their volunteer missions and ministries. Reading more, I came across Bob Kellemen’s RPM ministries and his having awoken “this morning with a deep longing to love well.” He referenced Matthew 22:35-40 as his basis for his premise.

Summing it all up rather succinctly, I have to say “Really Lord!” We got a groovy kind of love Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(635 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment