Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I danced

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 (7:55 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You. I danced last night. I smiled. I had fun. And then I slept. Really well. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that the first song that came to mind this morning reminded me of a friend, now long passed. I remember singing it with her in church. Her favorite. A lively “catchy” song about YOU dancing, I danced in the morning when the world was begun I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun I came down from heaven and I danced on the earth At Bethlehem I had my birth

Thank You Lord. In looking up the words, I read about its origin and learned that in 1967 Sydney Carter “adapted the tune from the famous American Shaker dance song ‘Simple Gifts’.” I read. I sing. And get ready to dance again. My heart smiles at the thought of You calling all to dance with You. Dance then, wherever you may be I am the Lord of the Dance, said He! And I’ll lead you all, wherever you may be And I’ll lead you all in the Dance, said He!

Yes Lord. In learning to dance I must learn to follow. To be led. Who better to be my Teacher than the Lord of the Dance Himself!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for music and for dance steps. Thank You for joy and laughter. For friendships and most importantly for Your love. Your surrounding and enveloping love, calling us all together to Dance then, wherever you may be…

I ask You this morning to lead and guide me in the dance You have for me this day. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(290 words ~ 8:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment