Saturday, October 29, 2011

the Rubber meets the road

Saturday, October 29, 2011 (9:51 a.m.)

Birmingham, AL

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

There’s just something about that name I noticed it yesterday right after I had posted and shut down the computer. It’s been almost three decades and I still call You “Lord”. Your name is Jesus. I need to practice saying, “Thank You JESUS”. Not just Lord.

I had the opportunity last night. I didn’t use it, but it was there. I received some unexpected, unsettling news and one of my first thoughts was to announce, “You know what? I’m going to thank Jesus in advance for what He is going to do in this situation.” I thought it. But I didn’t SAY it.

Today Lord, I mean, Jesus, I want to do better. You ARE my Savior! My hope. My Shepherd. And I want to announce it regularly to all I meet. Not hiding behind Our Father’s most holy, more socially acceptable name. No Jesus. I want to say Your name. Loud and proud!

Who paid it all? All to whom do I owe? Who took my crimson stains and washed them white as snow? YOU did Jesus. You did! Who is “the Gate for the sheep” (John 10:7)? Who came “that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (v. 10b)? YOU did Jesus. That was You too!

Help me learn to speak Your name as easily as all the others of people I know and love. I’ve been “agog with God” for years. I want to be as free sharing Your name as I have in using His all this time.

There truly IS something about that name! Master, Savior, Jesus Like the fragrance after the rain Jesus, Jesus, Jesus Let all Heaven and Earth proclaim Kings and Kingdoms will all pass away But there’s something about that Name! Let me start saying it freely. Often. Unreservedly. Loudly. Lovingly.

“Jesus!” I love You. I thank You. I want to come to You as naturally [spontaneously, genuinely, unpretentiously] as the little children whose mothers brought them to be touched and blessed by You (Matthew 19:13-15, Luke 18:15-17). Help me, Jesus, to share Your blessed name as readily, freely, boldly as did the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:28-30, 39). I love You Jesus.

Take me, teach me to be more like You All that You are Jesus I want to be… Teach me to weep for the times that I’ve failed You Teach me to wait Lord for Your hand to move Teach me to watch for the dawn in my darkness And teach me to walk in a way You’d approve… Take me, teach me to be more like You Touch these blind eyes Jesus I want to see I want to see YOU! Jesus ~ my Rubber that meets the road ~ “the most important point for something, the moment of truth”. You, Jesus. It IS all about You Jesus… the heart of worship I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 11:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment