Sunday, October 23, 2011

unprepared

Thursday, October 20, 2011 (7:50 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

H-E-L-P! I am completely unprepared. And now, after reading several verses containing this word, I’m in tears.

Lord God. Thank You for Who You are and the Way You work. When we choose to put our faith, hope and trust in You, You do indeed show us Your Way! Thank You Lord. Thank You.

My plan was to come to You this morning with a list of all the things I am unprepared to accomplish this weekend. Instead, You broke my grieving heart wide open! Thank You Lord for the opportunity, the PRIVILEGE to come before You completely uncensored.

I didn’t know I was hiding. I thought I was being proactive. Go to a funeral and then distract ourselves by going and hugging a baby. It made perfect sense in the planning of it. Of course, I didn’t think to stop and ask what YOU thought of my idea.

Thank You Lord that this morning I don’t have to judge myself harshly for being unprepared this morning. I get to consider the circumstances. Out of the five obituaries I read in the paper yesterday, I knew three of them. That’s big odds. That’s a lot of grieving friends and acquaintances. Lord God, how I ask You to come along side each and everyone of them and be their comfort.

As I sit here, not at all ready to do the things I had planned for today, I turn instead to You; asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7-8) while at the very same time singing Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is and is to come (Revelation 4:8).

Most blessed and loving God, I do NOT know what today holds. But, I DO know that You hold it! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(307 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment