Friday, October 14, 2011

"Pretty!"

Friday, October 14, 2011 (7:38 a.m.)

Most Glorious Lord,

The very first word out of my mouth an hour ago was, “Pretty!” So pretty was the sky that I went outside to see it better. The longer I stayed out there, the prettier it got. There was so much color going on in the sky. Then when I thought I was done, it started all over again. Turning back toward the house, I found the roses have bloomed. An unusual amount of birds were chattering in the trees and the moon was still visible behind a misty cloud. I honestly turned around in circles, not knowing which way to look because of the beauty. Your beauty Lord. Your gift for starting the day. Thank You Lord.

For the beauty of the earth, For the glory of the skies, For the love which from our birth, Over and around us lies: Lord of all, to Thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise

(8:33 a.m.)

Thank You Lord. I got distracted. Started looking at other things. My first glance down at my open Bible just now was at Psalm 108:1. “O God, my heart is ready to praise You! I will sing and rejoice before You.” How is that Lord?

My heart IS ready to praise You and instead I go off and check the email for messages. Keep me HERE Lord. With You. Focused. Attentive. Learning. Absorbing.

Mm Yes Lord! The song sung above referenced Psalm 107:8. “Oh, that these men [the exiles brought back from the farthest corners of the earth. The ones who had wandered homeless in the desert, hungry and thirsty and faint (vs. 3-5) that You led straight to safety (7) after they cried, ‘Lord, help!’ (6)] would praise the Lord for His loving-kindness and for all His wonderful deeds!”

Oh Your goodness Lord. Your deep, vast, glorious goodness! The first paragraph of this chapter reads, “Say thank You to the Lord for being so good, for being so loving and kind. Has the Lord redeemed You? Then speak out! Tell others He has saved you from your enemies” (107:1-3). You HAVE redeemed me Lord! How is it that I don’t spend the bulk of my time singing Your praises?

Oh most good and glorious God, You provide such beauty. ‘Singing and rejoicing before You’ (Psalm 108:1b) IS the proper response to You and Your gifts to us.

For the wonder of each hour Of the day and of the night, Hill and vale and tree and flower, Sun and moon and stars of light Lord of all, to Thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise

This song of praise goes on to mention: ‘the joy of human love, Brother, sister, parent, child,’ Friends on earth and friends above, For all gentle thoughts and mildYour Church, holy hands, pure sacrifice of love, You, ‘best Gift divine’, Your great, great love, ‘Peace on earth and joy in heaven’.

Lord God, we would do so well in focusing our thoughts and efforts in saying thanks to You “for being so good, for always being so loving and kind” (Psalm 107:1). Keep me in this mindset, Blessed Lord. Remind me of the very first word out of my mouth this morning. “Pretty!” Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(549 words ~ 9:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment