Saturday, October 15, 2011

different

Saturday, October 15, 2011 (6:14 a.m.)

Awesome God,

Thank You!

(6:45 a.m.)

I got out of bed hoping to find a re-creation of yesterday morning’s beauty. Today could not be any more different than what I had anticipated! It’s dreary. A bit chilly. Gloomy. Foggy. And still, I’m so very excited to be up for it. Thank You Lord. Thank You!

(7:34 a.m.)

Wow Lord. This is all so much different than I expected. Instead of being outside experiencing Your beauty, I’m in Your Word reading of when Samuel first anointed Saul to be king. I must confess. These details are new to me.

I remember learning long ago that because Samuel’s two sons [Joel and Abijah] were not like their father, the people of Israel pleaded for “a king like all the other nations have” (1Samuel 8:2-5).

What I find exciting as well as encouraging here Lord is that Samuel’s very first response was to turn to You. “Samuel was terribly upset and went to the Lord for advice” (v. 6).

These are kernels that I have pretty much read passed before. Not taking the time to fully absorb and appreciate Your willingness to give the people what they wanted, even though You fully knew ahead of time where it would all lead (7-18). You are so good Lord.

Thank You for this lesson about Samuel and Saul this morning Lord. We have the advantage of looking back and learning from their choices and decisions. Help us to take to our very core – our hearts, minds, souls and strength – the Truth Samuel spoke to Saul as he anointed him. “At that time [on Saul’s way home from searching for missing donkeys] the Spirit of the Lord will come mightily upon you and you will prophesy with them, and you will feel and act like a different person” (1Samuel 10:6).

From this single verse another song began singing to me Let the glory of the Lord rise among us… Let the praises of our King [YOU Lord!] rise among us… Let the songs of the Lord rise among us… Let the joy of our King rise among us Let it rise Oh, let it rise

Oh yes Lord. Let Your Spirit come mightily upon us that we would each truly let Your glory, praises, songs and joy rise among us!

Yes Lord. Thank You for this day that began so very different than I had first imagined it would. I love You. Be with me this day in all my feelings [heart], being [soul], thinking [mind] and doing [strength] (Mark 12:30). Empower and enable to me to represent and love You well. I love You. Amen.

(445 words ~ 10:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment