Sunday, October 23, 2011

blessed

Sunday, October 23, 2011 (7:52 a.m.)

Awesome God,

You blessed me yesterday. You blessed me with a plan. A desire. A gut instinct. I didn’t know how it was all going to come to pass. But I knew what I wanted to do. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

From the very first realization earlier this month that I wanted to make puppy dog tail cookies for my brother, to us sitting in a van in his driveway last evening reviewing the happenings of the past several months, it was You Lord. ALL You!

Thank You that You blessed me with the ideas and I was able to bless him with the execution. Thank You that his traditional birthday dinner (ground beef enchiladas and coleslaw) was precisely prepared and lovingly served to him as his after moving meal. Perfection Lord. Start to finish. Perfectly executed. And it was YOU Lord. All You!

Rarely do I get to experience the satisfaction of completing a plan. The ideas come. They get questioned. Analyzed. Doubted. Then scrapped. Yesterday was different. One thing just ran into another. Effortlessly. BLESSEDLY. From the loading and unloading of moving vehicles to the sharing of food we were blessed Lord, by You. Thank You Lord!

Thank You for the desire You gave me to clean windows and screens. Thank You that when help was offered to me, I was able to respectfully take back my strategy and continue with it at my own pace until completion. Blessed, Lord. That’s how I feel about the whole of yesterday.

Even upon returning home, I knew if a certain car was here my job was done for the day. If not, I would mow the lawns. Thank You for the foresight Lord. Effortless. Knowing. Certainty.

A ‘hiccup’ occurred shortly after and even that was short lived. Not taken too personally. It was just a matter of fact. A misunderstanding. A preference of one person, not readily endorsed by the other. No big thing. A matter of fact, left alone for awhile and then completely resolved. Again, YOU Lord! ALL You.

It’s days like these that help remind me of how blessed we truly are. You guided me Lord. From the very first bite of a purchased cookie that didn’t taste anything like our mom’s, to the celebratory hugs at the end of a very exhausting weekend You blessed us Lord. With safety. Guidance. And love. Most importantly, Your love. Bless what You have put together with the hard work we were able to accomplish only through You.

Thank You Lord. I truly can’t thank You enough. I love You. Amen.

(421 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment