Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Words

Friday, July 8, 2011 (6:30-ish a.m.)

Milpitas, CA

Blessed Lord God,

You give us words Lord. To express ourselves. To share Your love. To encourage, correct, inspire and teach. Let us use them well.

Far too many times we take them for granted. We waste them. Use them foolishly and carelessly. There is power in them Lord. Power to build up. Power to tear down.

(8:54 a.m.)

Mm Lord. I look to Your Word and find this truth, again from Jeremiah. “Your words are what sustain me; they are food to my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me. How proud I am to bear Your name, O Lord” (15:16).

Looking through this book of warnings to the people of Judah, I find so much relevance Lord. He told them about the danger of idolatry, about denial and hypocrisy, about YOU, the process of recovery, Israel’s history, the value of Your discipline, as well as Your laws and warnings concerning false teachers.

Lord, these words of truth still pertain today. I read about generations of sin and brokenness. There came a time when Judah finally turned to You. Then Your words sustained her, as though they were food. Finally a remnant of Your people listened to the words Jeremiah had so urgently proclaimed. It was their repentance and obedience, not their prayers, that delivered them and caused You to save them.

Father God ~ I come before You this day on behalf of my family. We represent generations of people who have not made choices in accordance to Your laws. We have NOT ‘acted justly, loved mercy, nor walked humbly with You’ (Micah 6:8). As a result we have suffered greatly in our relationships with one another AND with You!

Lord God, how desperately I pray that You will continue working Your will in and through us ~ tearing down the strongholds we have allowed satan and his minions to build in and around us.

Give us the power of Your words Dearest Lord to stand firm against the attacks and old patterns to which we have grown so accustomed. Lord, our power, strength, hope and joy HAS to come from You! We’ve made so many mistakes and we truly long to BE the people You planned and created us to be. Work in us Lord. Molding. Shaping. Filling and using us for Your purposes. How I love You Lord. Give me Your Words and right attitude with which to speak them. I love You so much. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(9:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment