Sunday, July 24, 2011

Teach us

Sunday, July 24, 2011 (7:17 a.m.)

Awesome, Blessed, Glorious, Loving, Wonderful Lord God,

The descriptive words just keep building. Thank You Lord! Thank You that You are so good! Thank You that You came to teach us to be more like You.

I am unable to get my mind around this Lord. I’ve been searching Your Word and keep getting sidetracked and distracted. And just like that! You change everything!

I searched for almost an hour. Looking here and there. But the moment I came to You with my inability to find what You would have me reading here I am in Psalm 90.

Thank You Lord! Verse one, “Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations.” Amen! “Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God” (v.2). As real as these truths are Lord, I tend to downplay them. I take for granted Your goodness and Your grace. My mind struggles with the term I have just recently been introduced to. Spiritual schizophrenia. Paul talks all about it in his letter to the Romans (7:14-25).

Lord, how I thank You again for the reminders that I am not in this battle alone. Disagreements that escalate to intentionally hurting another’s feelings are just plain wrong. As is caving under the pressures of another’s unkind words. Spiritual schizophrenia! “A life-long incurable condition. But there is good news. Properly understood, it can be treated and its sufferers can enjoy a full and fruitful life in Christ” (Jack Kinsella).

And just how do we do this? By turning to You. Ever. Always. To You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Returning to Your Word. Your promises. Your truth!

“Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12).

Ah yes dearest Lord. Teach us. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(315 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment