Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Beauty

Friday, July 15, 2011

(7:59 p.m. AKDT)

Sounds outside of Alaska

Blessed Lord ~

Beauty beyond description. Glacial ice ~ electric blues. Colors beyond my imagination. Thank You Lord. Thank You with a heart yielded to surprises!

Ah ~ and surprise You do. Just like now. Looking up verses that deal with “beauty” I find myself in the book of Ezekiel for the second time today. This time I’m reading about Egypt’s Destructive Pride. Hmm ~ important words. Destructive. Pride. Oh Your goodness Lord! One minute I’m thinking about and remembering the beauty we’ve experienced this past week and the next I’m reading about Egypt becoming proud and arrogant (Ezekiel 31:10). Two more powerfully important words – proud. Arrogant.

Mm Lord. I sit here contemplating Your Words. I’ve seen indescribable beauty this week and all I can do is nod my head in agreement to the hope I find in this book. Your people fail and You prevail.

You are good. You are just. You are kind. Merciful. And I am grateful! I am grateful for Your beauty. Your forgiveness. Your faithfulness. Your mercy. Your grace. Your plan. Your freedom. Your love. YOU Lord! Thank You for You. I love You. I need You. I want You. Thank You for the beauty of getting to know You more and more through the truth and goodness of Your Word. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(238 words ~ 9:10 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment