Monday, July 4, 2011

exceedingly abundantly

Monday, July 4, 2011 (6:48 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. I’m grumbling and growling inside and praying that approaching You with thankfulness and praise will change my grumpiness. You have blessed us Lord. Immensely!

You amaze me Lord! You never cease to amaze me. I come to You honestly. Feeling guilty for having so much and appreciating so little. I confess to You the griping going on within me and still You bless me with Your Word.

I took the word ‘immensely’ and saw it associated with ‘exceedingly’. I immediately remembered ‘exceedingly’ being attached in someway with ‘abundantly’. A very brief search landed me again in Ephesians 3. A heart drawn in my Bible sometime back by the dear husband I’m currently grousing with catches my attention and the next thing I know, I am reading verse 12. “In Him (Christ Jesus our Lord) and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.”

How perfect You are Dearest Lord! You supply us so much. Immensely. Exceedingly. Abundantly. Immeasurably. Far more. Above and beyond all that we ask. All these ways of stating Your truth found in Ephesians 3:20. This from The Message, “God can do anything, you know – far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us.”

Mm, yes Lord! You do! You took this grumpy, growling exterior and softened my heart to the point of joy and hopefulness just by the mere mention of Your immense blessings upon us.

Blessed Lord, today is one day set aside to celebrate the blessing of the freedom You have granted this nation. Here again, I state the obvious. We haven’t done too well at honoring You with this through the years. You have provided. We have squandered. You guide. We wander. Continue Your self appointed role as our Blessed Shepherd. Help us know You, trust You, hear You, follow You more than we have up ‘til now. You are so good and we love and need You so much.

Thank You Lord for loving us so much more than we deserve. Thank You for freedom. Guide us to using it wisely. Thank You. Bless You. Praise You. You adjusted my attitude and I am grateful. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(404 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment