Wednesday, July 20, 2011

bittersweet

Sunday, July 17, 2011 (7:07 a.m.)

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

There was a word I woke up with this morning. It was odd. I didn’t think it would work. Then I got excited about its possibilities and now it is gone. To this I ask You Dearest Lord ~ where would you direct my thoughts? On what would You have me focus this morning?

We are in a different country today. I’ve never been in Canada before. Is there something You don’t want us to miss? Let me look to You this day Lord. We’re coming to the end of another delightful trip. The moods are turning a little bittersweet and by tomorrow I’m sure there will be actual sadness. Keep us aware today Lord. Focused on all that is right here in front of us.

Teach us Dearest Lord to attend to the things You would have us take note of. Keep us mindful of You Lord. Your kindness. Your mercy. Your beauty. Your grace. You are good. Help us feel and be and think and do ALL that is pleasing to You. We are called to know that You alone art God and to love You with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30). Empower and enable us to do exactly that Lord. Work in and through each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment