Thursday, July 7, 2011

witness

Thursday, July 7, 2011 (5:21 a.m.)

Most Dear and Incredibly Awesome Father God,

Thank You. Thank You for sleep. For rest. For the opportunity to be here to witness another sunrise. Yes Lord. Thank You! Thank for mountains and clouds. Thank You for roses and color. Thank You for Your love and protection.

Oh most dear and blessed Lord, I find a reference to ‘witness’ in Isaiah 30:8-9, “Now go and write down these words. Write them in a book. They will stand until the end of time as a witness that these people are stubborn rebels who refuse to pay attention to the Lord’s instructions.” This entices me to read the entire chapter. I nod my head in agreement and my heart follows along with hopefulness.

Lord God, how I thank You for the work You are doing in each of us. Drawing us closer and more dependent on You every single day.

Yesterday I was able to verbalize the truth that I have trouble communicating effectively. While I may know what it is in my head that I want to express, when words come out of my mouth they are not always as I think them. Thank You that You are working in this area as well.

As I sit here with my heart and soul filled with gratitude for this alone time with You, my eyes catch sight of the two daily calendars on the desk. These calendars have sat idly by for just about a month. This morning, however, each speaks volumes to my eager soul. The one with daily promises from You promises, “I will keep you in perfect peace if you will keep your mind steadfast on Me and always trust Me… I am a Rock you can always stand on.” (Isaiah 26:3-4) The other one [‘Cherished Thoughts’ J] quotes a PRAYER OF PROTECTION. “The light of God surrounds me; The love of God enfolds me; The power of God protects me; The presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is.”

Yes Lord! This morning I get to experience time together with You and witness such wonderful promises. I choose to believe them! I choose to believe that You are good and that You are going to continue working Your will and Your way into our very beings. Thank You Lord! Thank You for Your goodness and Your grace. Thank You that I get to bear witness to Your works!

Oh yes Lord, thank You! I love You. Help me spend this day exactly to Your liking. Help me in my quest to learn to communicate effectively. Thank You for the wonders You have in store for me to witness this day. Thank You for Your love and for Your plan. Line us up into Your will. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(475 words ~ 6:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment