Friday, July 22, 2011

unexpected

Friday, July 22, 2011 (9:53 a.m.)

Wow God,

Not at all the way I had planned to start this day; with all hell breaking loose in words and tones and facial expressions. And of course, now here come the tears.

Thank You Lord just now for the immediate recognition upon seeing today’s date that this was the day of my dad’s birth. What better way to celebrate him than in the midst of shouts and screams and miscommunication! [Please note sarcasm] Forgive me Lord for my part in this current upheaval. Oh great, more tears. This was all so unexpected.

(10:56 a.m.)

I’ve spent this past hour looking up verses for the word ‘unexpected’. I’ve found some that pique my interest (especially Job 5:7-9 The Message) but none that provide the “AHA!” that often comes along with Your peace to my heart.

Lord God, this is what I’ve got today. My feelings were hurt. There was a big misunderstanding that remains unresolved. I’m going to go put one foot in front of the other. Take care of some business. But before I do Lord, what would YOU have me do here? Speak to me in the most unexpected way possible. Remind me of all that’s love and truth. Forgive me my self-centeredness. Move me out and put YOU back in! Let me live this day with You at the center of it, with all other things falling to the sides. I love You so very much Dearest Lord. I long to serve You. Wholeheartedly. Single-mindedly. With all of my soul and strength (Mark 12:30). Do in and through me that which I am currently unable (unwilling?) to do myself. Be glorified Dear Lord. In my life, Lord Be glorified today Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(11:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment