Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WATER

Saturday, July 16, 2011 (9:10 a.m.)

Off Canadian Coast

Blessed Loving Lord,

Thank You. It’s a Day at Sea. And evidently for us, a day at sleep as well. Thank You Lord. Thank You for settled stomachs and deep, sound sleep.

Our balcony view right now is that of water and fog. What a contrast I am reading about in the final chapters of Your Word. Revelation 20 speaks of “Satan and the Last Judgment”. There’s mention of the Book of Life and the need to have our names written there. Chapter 21 describes “The New Creation” ~ a fresh creation, with new heavens and earth. This remains to me beyond my comprehension. A New Jerusalem made of jewels and transparent gold. The city with no need for a temple because the Lord God Almighty AND the Lamb will be there. All mankind walking in the light of Your presence. Incomprehensible for me Lord. And again I thank You. Thank You that just because I don’t understand something it doesn’t make it untrue.

Thank You that as I again look at the promise of “the river of the water of life” flowing from Your throne (Revelation 22:1) I sit rather dazed at the idea of it. A crystal current that carries water down the middle of the great street of Your new city to trees whose fruit and leaves mean healing for Your once cursed humanity is something I truly look forward to.

Lord, I saw a glacier yesterday. Big and blue and beyond my ability to describe it. A crystal river flowing from Your throne, Your redeemed people walking in the light shed by Your presence, serving You, seeing Your face? I can’t even imagine! But I will remain open to Your incredible promise. Thank You Lord. I love You. I think I’ll drink some more water J Amen.

(310 words ~ 10:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment