Thursday, July 2, 2009

Holy

Thursday, July 2, 2009 (6:35 a.m.)

Most Holy God,

How wonderful it is to wake up singing, “Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth”. Thank You Lord! And then to find out again [don’t I do this every time?] that it is from “God of Wonders, beyond our galaxy You are holy, holy The universe declares Your majesty You are holy, holy Lord of heaven and earth”. Oh most blessed Lord, how I thank You for Your holiness.

Thank You Father that at just the right moment You provide exactly what we need. As one person prepares for a date in court, I am led to share Isaiah 8:13. “Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear Him, you need fear nothing else.”

Not only are You holy, but loving and merciful and kind. Thank You God. Thank You that it is Your desire that we learn to love You with all our heart and soul and mind and strength (Mark 12:30, see Deuteronomy 6:5). Lord, how I come before You this morning asking that You would provide us the power and the will to do exactly that.

It all seems easy enough in print. Ah, but comes the application! I fail Lord. Time after time, I choose resentment over forgiveness. Thank You that You are a forgiving God and we are made in Your image (Genesis 1:26). Thank You that You didn’t just leave us here to flounder and fail. Thank You that You continue offering Your much better Way (John 14:6).

Lord, I truly appreciate the various verses You are showing me this morning. Help me not just look at them admiringly. Enable and empower me to absorb and apply them to my day and all the interactions it provides.

Finishing up with the second of Your most important commandments, “Love others as well as you love yourself” (Mark 12:31) I am taken over to Leviticus 19:18 where it is first referenced. And while here I glance over to a commentary for 18:4,5. “God promises life to all those who live according to His program. The Hebrew expression ‘to live’ does not just mean ‘to exist’. It refers to finding contentment and enjoyment in life – living life to its fullest. While the personal moral standards in this section of Leviticus are quite restrictive, God’s plan offers freedom beyond our wildest dreams. It is the paths of sin that are truly restrictive. When we obey God’s standards we are free to discover life as God intended it to be. His plan leads to peace and contentment through mature and satisfying relationships.”

“Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth! You are holy, holy…”

Thank You Lord. Helps us be exactly who You, in Your infinite wisdom, created us to be. I love You so very much. In Your Son’s most holy name I pray. Amen.

(487 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment