Monday, July 20, 2009

gladness

Monday, July 13, 2009 (6:09 a.m.)

Riverside Lodge Red River, NM

Happy my mom’s 80th birthday Lord,

Talk with me this morning about rejoicing, giving thanks in all things, not behaving like a spoiled brat most of the time. Growing up. Yes Lord. I want to grow up in You, learning to be glad!

For quite some time now You’ve been pushing me toward gladness and I truly appreciate You for it. Just looking in the concordance Lord, I see columns of verses that refer to rejoicing and being glad, as well as gladness being linked with joy. It all seems so simple Lord. Ah, but therein lies the rub! You are helping me to learn that things of great value are rarely as easy as they seem.

Thank You Lord that because of Your great love for each of us through the years, we have Your Word to guide and support every concept You have for us to acquire. Life in You takes dedication and practice, just like consciously choosing to “be glad” rather than bad or mad or sad.

Lord, I want desperately for You to continue Your purifying work in me. I have been behaving so childishly through the years that it has truly become such an automatic, second nature response for me in most things.

Take yesterday for example, when plans changed and Terry actually left me on the side of the road (in full care of his brother and his wife, but on the side of the road none the less). There I was, fully capable of just going with the flow and understanding another bump in the plans. But internally, whether it showed on the outside or not, I knew a sense of negativity was there and I actually gave in to it for a moment.

Thank You God that You have come into my life to evoke positive change and to grow me up past my own natural bend toward selfishness. I love You so much, Lord. You provide us with blessings of every kind. Keep working in me that I would learn to automatically respond with gladness to all You so wonderfully and adequately supply.

Reading all of Psalm 104, I am again reminded of how perfectly You plan for our every need. Thank You most beloved Lord for all You are and all You do. You are wonderful and I am blessed to be loved by You.

Please watch over my mom today, providing her with that deep seeded joy that comes only from knowing that she is so loved by You and by others. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(440 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment