Monday, July 20, 2009

safe

Monday, July 20, 2009 (7:25 a.m.)

Awesome, Amazing, Incredible Father God,

Thank You! Thank You for such a safe trip. Thank You that even in looking up the word ‘safe’ just now, a whole new direction of thought begins.

Lord, You are so good to us. You provide our every need and then some. Turning to Your Word yesterday on our ten and a half hour car ride home (from a wonderfully blessed two night stay at cousin Tim’s house in Las Cruces, NM) I got to learn a little more. You kept me great company in the back seat, as well as helping me remember a few verses and where most of the books of the Old and New Testaments are found. Thank You for that Lord.

While planning to come here and talk to You more about what I was practicing yesterday (Philippians 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7) instead I am in awe of the poetic verses I am discovering with reference to being safe in You. Oh my goodness Lord, You never cease to amaze me!

Thank You Father that even as I am speaking with You and looking up various verses of how others have been kept safe in and with and by You through the years, in comes by beloved husband with a cup of freshly brewed coffee. What a treat.

Lord, thank You for the ways in which You have helped us grow together through the years. Here we are speaking lovingly about the trip we just completed, all the while knowing that it is Your grace that has brought us to where we currently are.

Thank You Lord. As I prepare to leave our time together here and attempt to bring order to this disorganized household, I ask You to go before me. Work within the three of us as we join together to adjust to being home again. Lord, it is only by Your grace that Terry, Justin and I can keep coming back to one another with genuine love for and acceptance of each other. Thank You for continuing Your work in us. And thank You again for a wonderfully blessed and safe trip. I love You Lord. Amen.

(368 words ~ 8:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment