Friday, July 31, 2009

provision

Thursday, July 30, 2009 (8:15 a.m.)

Primm, NV

Beloved God,

I love You! It’s that simple. You give us so much and all the thanks I could ever offer back to You doesn’t even begin to cover the basics of all You are and all You do on our behalf. So I simply begin with I love You.

Even with that said I shift over to thinking “How do I love Thee? Let me count the ways…” and I realize again that I am at such a loss for words. Quotes of other people’s lyrics and rhyme come to mind, but what do I have to say to You that’s just pure and unadulterated from my own heart?

You are good Lord. You provide beauty and joy. You supply our every need. As I search Your Word looking to learn more of Your provision, I find myself reading excerpts of Paul’s letter to the Romans (5:17 to begin).

Friday, July 31, 2009 (7:55 a.m.)

And here we flash forward into today. Still I am grateful and praising You for Your provision Lord!

On the ride home yesterday when Terry suggested we again listen to our standard desert drive CD (The Beach Boys, The Brother Years) there You were as I seemed to truly hear track four (Long Promised Road) for the very first time.

Oh my goodness God! Upon replaying it for the third time, I told Terry “This is very biblical”. Just now while looking up the lyrics I read of another person thinking what an uplifting, hymnal worthy song this is. Yet another of Your provisions Lord! Thank You!

Thank You for providing us with friends Lord. Friends that help us learn more about You, friends that share themselves and their burdens openly. Father, thank You that at this particular time of my life You have me reviewing most of my belief systems. You have me looking deep within myself examining those things that serve me well and those of which I must let go. Thank You God.

Thank You that many years ago, when I wasn’t quite ready for it, the book Forgive for Good came into this house. Thank You Lord that You provided for it to literally fall off the shelf above our bed the other day for me to finally read past the initial introduction. Again, a provision from to You to help me learn how not to take things personally, how not to blame others while holding a grudge and how not to continue to play a victim of circumstance.

So often in Your Word, we read of Your plan of forgiveness. And almost equally as often I get excited about the truth it rings in my heart and my soul, without knowing how to practice it. Thank You Lord that You provide people, places and things that lead us back to Your grace and Your glory. You do not leave us stranded, nor on our own. You have a better way. Strike that. You have provided us the best Way - the ONLY Way, Jesus Christ Your Son.

Thank You Lord for Your provision. You are truly our good and gracious God. Amazing, awesome and absolutely perfect in every way. Thank You for Your love, Your patience, Your kindness, Your goodness, Your gentleness, Your faithfulness, Your joy and every thing You provide that helps us learn to practice self-control (Galatians 5:22, 23). I love You so much Dear Lord! Thank You. Amen.

(571 words ~ 9:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment