Wednesday, July 8, 2009

embedded

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 (5:57 a.m.)

“Blessed Assurance,

“Jesus is mine! O what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood. This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long; This is my story, This is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long.”

Oh my goodness God! When is the last time I have gasped while looking out the window in the morning? The clouds look like brush strokes. The colors are muted. But look. Here comes the sun, right over the crest of the mountains. And now I’m preparing for even more beauty.

How glorious it is to live our life in You, learning to constantly expect more. Lord, I remember just over a month ago [5/30/09] actually asking You for ‘more’. And here I am today, preparing for another trip, but in an entirely different mindset.

This time away seems to be accompanied with it’s own set of obstacles. So far every one of them has eventually brought me back to recognizing my need to have all my trust and faith firmly embedded in You.

Blessed Lord, that’s how I want to live. Firmly embedded in You! With Your Word firmly embedded in me! Let’s work together to make that happen, shall we? You keep guiding and directing me in the Way You would have me go. And I’ll keep depending on You to help me up every single time I fall down.

I love You so much Oh Lord. The Teacher of Ecclesiastes says in chapter 12, verse 11 “The words of the wise are like goads [a spiked stick used for driving cattle; a thing that stimulates someone into action] their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails – given by one Shepherd.” Lord, I want to be wise! Keep working in me. Help me become the woman You created and want me to be.

I love You. Amen.

(331 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment