Wednesday, July 22, 2009

stewardship

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 (6:59 a.m.)

Beloved Lord God,

Good morning. The day is already sunny and bright and pushing it’s way toward hot again. Help me manage my time much more wisely today than I did yesterday. It is such a precious commodity and I want desperately to treat it as such.

Lord, You are so good to us. In looking for a verse regarding ‘time’ and finding very close to a thousand of them I realized what I really want is to be a good steward. You have provided each of us with the same amount of time. We also have our own set of talents and treasures. Learning to use them all wisely is an art I long to develop.

Father, I love You so much. The choices I make don’t always attest to that. I waste. I squander. I don’t see myself as the “good and faithful servant” (Luke 19:17) I truly desire to become.

Thank You Lord that this morning I get to keep finding Jesus’ words to His disciples here in the book of Luke. I read them and am again encouraged.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 (6:39 a.m.)

Wow God!

No sooner asked, then delivered! I asked to be a better steward of my time and You provided ample opportunity and commitment to getting the jobs done. Thank You Lord.

I like that I get to keep looking to You. Even when we were taking breaks yesterday, there You were with us. Guiding our conversations. Keeping our tones even. Celebrating the love, honor and respect that comes to us through loving You. Thank You Lord!

On this 81st anniversary of my dad’s birth, with new to me pictures of his family again I come back to the love You’ve provided through the years. Sadly Lord, I grew up with a lot of misperceptions of what family is and does. The love we had and shared with one another was real and genuine. But it was also skewed. Thank You Lord that You continue working in each of us to make us so much better stewards of Your love.

And that is exactly what I ask of You this morning – You see? I AM learning to ask things of You, thank You very much! For so long I’ve been caught in the exhausting trap of thinking I have to try harder and figure things out for myself by myself. And here You’ve always been just waiting for me to ask.

So yes Lord, here I am bright and early this morning asking You to guide and direct my every thought, decision, direction, desire, my every move. I love You so much Dear Lord and I want desperately to develop this fine art of stewardship You have for us.

Thank You for blessing us and keeping us and making Your sweet face shine upon us and being gracious to us. Thank You for turning Your face toward us and giving us peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

I love You Lord! Amen.

(504 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment