Sunday, July 26, 2009

pain

Sunday, July 26, 2009 (5:58 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Still You teach me. You provide. You treat. Surprise, supply and teach. Thank You Lord. Thank You for helping me learn to ask for what I want. Thank You for showing me how to look past what I see. You are so good Lord. And I love You very much.

This morning I come to You in pain. Having barely tweaked the left side of my lower back while bending to pick the laptop up off the floor seemed like such an easy thing to dismiss early yesterday morning. Now I’m rethinking my decision to just ignore the original ‘ouch’, expecting the pain to simply disperse.

Dearest Lord, how often do I do this very thing with other aspects of my life? I allow situations to ‘get under my skin’ and act as if they haven’t. I don’t always take care of things in a timely manner. I pretend, ignore, act as if. Thank You for providing me with this opportunity to remember to pay closer attention to whatever I may be doing at any given time to avoid injury and the resulting pain.

This time the pain is physical. But how often am I not careful enough to avoid mental, emotional, even spiritual pain? Thank You Lord. It’s not that often I remember to give You thanks in the midst of a painful situation.

Turning right now to 1 Thessalonians (5:16-18) I sincerely ask You to help me continue learning to “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

I love You Lord. And I DO thank You, even for the pain. Amen.

(285 words ~ 6:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment