Monday, July 20, 2009

well pleased

Thursday, July 16, 2009 (7:44 a.m.)

Fawn Lakes Campsite #5 Red River, NM

Blessed Lord,

Thank You! Thank You for allowing me such opportunity to appreciate the beauty of Your earth. Father, I confess to You knowing I don’t deserve it. Here we are surrounded by Your creation and I still want to talk trash about other people. Lord, I feel so ashamed. I want desperately to be a woman with whom You are well pleased.

Thank You Father that I get to be so incredibly honest with You. You see my heart. You know my thoughts. You are fully aware of what is real in me and what is pretense. And I am blessed by the understanding that You love me in spite of myself. Thank You Father!

Most Beloved Lord, I keep turning in Your Word to places You were pleased, not pleased and well pleased. With every turn of a page I find my hope begin to soar again. Because of Your great love for Your people, You have provided for our every need. Thank You Lord!

Thank You that I get to come before You, exactly as I am. Shameful. Unholy. Unworthy. And all because of Your great love for each of us, I get to leave filled with renewed hope. None of the love You call us to have for one another can be manufactured in and of ourselves. “And now just as you trusted Christ to save you, trust Him, too, for each day’s problems; live in vital union with Him. Let your roots grow down into Him and draw up nourishment from Him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all He has done.” (Colossians 2:6,7)

As we prepare to leave this campsite for the day and go up into the higher country, Lord how I ask that You would not only go with us, but before us. Lord, keep working in my heart. Root out the fear and insecurities that dwell so deep inside causing me to look at the faults of others in a skewed effort to build myself up by tearing another down. Despicable. Unloving. Forgivable only by another glimpse of Your grace.

Thank You that You love us so much that You don’t want us to satisfied with our own smug attitudes. Keep working in me I pray Dear Lord. How desperately I want for You to be well pleased with me. I love You! Amen.

(429 words ~ 8:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment