Thursday, July 9, 2009

More so

Thursday, July 9, 2009 (5:11 a.m.)

Amazing God,

Truly. Absolutely. Incredibly. Amazing God. You are doing it again, Lord. Right before my very eyes, the morning is unfolding and all I want is to sit here and watch. Beloved Friend, I confess to You how little time I have and how much I have yet to do.

Thank You Lord that although my continued thought process was to eliminate this time taker from my day, Your good common sense for me triumphed! Rather than spin myself into circles trying to do the impossible and be ready to leave on another trip in the next six and a half hours, here I am instead saying straight out loud “I need Your help God!”

You provide my every need! It’s what You do. You keep working in me. You continue changing, redirecting, refocusing me. I start going off in one direction and ever so gently You guide me back to what truly is most important in all of this – YOU!

Oh most dear and beloved Lord, I confess that I don’t know how to accomplish what all is on my list of things to do before we leave. But You do! You know what I can afford to remove completely from the list and what has to be done. Thank You for reminding me that time spent alone with You is not optional.

Shortcuts can – Oh my God! You just did it again! I thought the prism in the sky last night was phenomenal [which of course it was thank You very much!] but this current artwork You have going on here in the sky right now Lord is all the more so! Really God? A red cloud! With black pixels? I am again speechless!

Much like last night when I just had to sit down to take in the awesome majesty of seeing a prism in the sky, here I actually had to run outside to capture even more of Your awesome and incredible beauty.

Lord, thank You! Thank You for reminding me that these are the priorities of my life! The can’t afford to miss moments. Lord, You are amazing. Truly. Absolutely. Incredibly. And I have all of my hope and faith and trust resting in the goodness of You and Your Word. Whatever is supposed to come of this day, of this trip Lord, I give it all up to You. I have no expectations. No preconceived itinerary. My only absolute is You! You will be here with me wherever I am, whatever we do. Thank You Lord!

Okay. As much as I would rather just stay right here with You, reading “The Offering” of 2 Corinthians 8 [led here because of verse 22]. I must go. It’s time. I love You. Work in us. Work with us. Make us into the familial unit You would have us be.

I love You so much Dear Lord. [Have I mentioned I haven’t even packed?] Amen!

(495 words ~ 6:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment