Tuesday, June 30, 2009

judging not

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 (7:30 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Good morning. And thank You. Thank You for the chance to feel better than I have in a few days. Thank You for being here with me in the not feeling good of it all. And thank You especially for not taking me seriously when I quite overdramatically requested ‘just let me die’. NOT something to joke about at all I know. Oh but I hadn’t felt this bad in such a long time I had forgotten what not feeling good felt like.

With that said, Lord how I thank You for the reminder. Here I have been silently judging some family members and loved ones for what I had perceived as minor inconveniences. Forgive me Lord for not remembering the importance of ‘judging not lest I be judged’ (Luke 6:37).

Thank You Lord that with just this little bit of reminding I get to turn in the Bible Handbook again to read that “Relationships with others are to be free of judging, filled with forgiveness.” Thank You too Lord that Your Word is filled with promises for each of us. Thank You that we are allowed to come before You exactly as we are, confessing our guilt and shame for all that we have done or left undone, and You continue loving and forgiving us.

What a blessing to be so loved by the Creator of the universe. Thank You Lord. This morning I ask that You would allow be to behave lovingly, not judgmentally, towards others. Continue calling me to examine my own attitudes and behaviors, not criticizing others for theirs. I love You Lord and want to grow more like You with every breath I take. Thank You for all You do to make that happen. I love You. Amen.

(301 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment