Tuesday, July 28, 2009

seeking

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 (7:17 a.m.)

Thank You Father,

Thank You for bypassing all the excuses I had for me not coming here with You today. Thank You for continuing to encourage me to seek You, Your will and Your way. I love You so much Lord and I confess to the ease with which I choose so many other things over my time with You. Thank You for accepting me exactly as I am, something I ask You to teach me how to do.

Lord, You are [long pause while I seek descriptive words] - God! As I turn in Your Word seeking a clearer picture of how to worship You, I keep being directed to the Chronicles. While turning to them, I found the end of my search for how to describe You just now. You are God. 1 King 18:39 is underlined in my Bible. “The Lord – He is God! The Lord – He is God!” Going back further in the chapter to see what made all the people fall prostrate and cry out, I read of Elijah’s time on Mount Carmel. “At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: ‘… Answer me, O Lord, answer me, so these people will know that You, O Lord, are God, and that You are turning their hearts back again.’” (v. 36, 37)

Oh Dear Lord, oh that our hearts would truly turn back To You! I allow such minor things to come before You. Various verses in both books of Chronicles speak of seeking You. Not just seeking You, but of setting hearts (and soul – 1Chr. 22:19) on seeking You. These verses (2Chr.11:16, 12:14, 19:3) give me hope and encouragement. Thank You for calling me to You Dear Lord.

Thank You especially for providing me with the description of Hezekiah’s celebration of Passover in 2Chronicles 30:17-20, “Since many in the crowd had not consecrated (made sacred) themselves… Although most of the people… had not purified themselves… Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, ‘May the Lord, who is good [look Lord! Another description of You!] pardon everyone who sets his heart on seeking God – the Lord, the God of his fathers- even if he is not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary.’ And the Lord heard Hezekiah and healed the people.”

Thank You Lord for being such a good and loving God. Keep helping me learn to set my heart on seeking You. I love You so much. Amen.

(416 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment