Friday, June 19, 2009

Blessed Trinity

Friday, June 19, 2009 (6:43 a.m.)

“Holy, holy, holy!

“Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee; Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!”

Beloved Lord, again You amaze me! All the nightlong I was ‘preparing’ my time here with You. Thoughts of which song I would sing and what verses to look up. Thank You that You won’t be manipulated like that!

Thank You that when I come before You empty of my plans and ideas that’s when You fill (and THRILL) me with Yours!

Not using the word ‘fatigue’ as I had intended, but instead searching out articles and definitions for ‘trinity’ and I am sitting here basking, not only in the light of the sun, but the true Light of Your Son. Thank You Lord.

Coming before You without my own agenda allows me the opportunity to search Your Word about ‘truth’. Heading to the ‘prescribed’ verses (Psalm 119:142 and John 17:17) I am drawn to others instead. Psalm 119:143, 144 “Trouble and distress have come upon me, but Your commands are my delight. Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live.”

Is this not exactly what I was praying last night and earlier this morning when I was confessing to You how much of what I’ve thought and believed through the years has not turned out at all like I was so sure it would?

Thank You Lord that You alone art holy. Thank You that You alone are good. Thank You that because of that, we know exactly where to come for comfort, strength and answers. To You. To Your Word!

“I love You Lord and I lift my voice To worship You oh my soul rejoice! Take joy my King in what You hear May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear.”

Would You look at that! Seemingly out of nowhere. Not pre-rehearsed. Just straight from my heart like it’s supposed to be. The song I had planned to start with. Thank You Father that You DO know best!

All my questioning, doubting and fearing that took place last night as I lay truly fatigued and unable to sleep all seem to have vanished in the Light of Your Word. Even the psalmist knew (30:5b) “But joy [comes] in the morning.” Yes Lord! Thank You.

Seeking to learn more this morning about Your Blessed Trinity and Your Truth I was able to reread Jesus’ words to His disciples. In John 16 He foretold the work of the Holy Spirit and promised that their grief would turn to joy. Verse 33 especially offers this comforting truth, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I confess to You Dear Lord. I keep trying to manipulate the outcome to things. I want to work people, places and things so that everything comes just as I think I desire. Do it Your way instead Dear Lord! You know so much better than I what is best. Keep working in me and through me, making me into the woman You originally created me to be. You are so perfect and so good, You can’t help but see all the faults and frailties that reside within me. Help me learn to not only let them go, but not to want them anymore.

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for this time together this morning. Amen.

(594 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment