Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scrunched

Saturday, June 13, 2009 (7:38 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Do I start out by singing “I love You Lord and I lift my voice…” as I had planned in the kitchen? Or by relishing the fact that I’m sitting here with You scrunched in the middle of some of Justin’s things? Yeah, ‘scrunched’ it is.

Lord, I truly thought I was coming in here to sing and ask You to again direct me in the fine art of balancing my life (and our stuff). Ah, but instead, by being willing to alter my plans to include Your leadership and guidance I’m being given what I truly desire – another glimpse of grace! YOUR grace! Thank You Lord!

Thank You for being willing to speak to each of us loud and strong and clear. Thank You for giving us ears with which to hear and eyes to see, albeit sometimes much more clearly than others.

With no surprise whatsoever, I didn’t find the word ‘scrunched’ at blueletterbible.org I did use the word squeezed (thanks to the thesaurus) and ended up reading the story of Balaam and his donkey. When I have referred to myself in the past as having been as stubborn as a mule perhaps a much more accurate depiction would be that of Balaam!

As if reading this story again hasn’t been enlightening (and filled with grace) enough in itself, I have also been directed over to James 1:2-5 where I was drawn to search out the word ‘pressed’. 2 Corinthians 4:8 comforts me in that “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don’t know why things happen as they do, but we don’t give up and quit.”

Lord, reentry into every day life isn’t going as smoothly as I would have it. I feel lazy and overwhelmed. I am being harsh and critical of myself which leads to my putting on a false front so that those around me won’t see me crumbling under the pressure of not

following through with some unrealistic expectation that I have concocted for myself.

Thank You Lord that just that easily again I am singing to You - complete with music added J http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh357.sht

The smiles You bring to my face, the peace You provide my heart are such bigger glimpses of Your grace than I had even considered. Thank You for taking me in directions that I could not imagine on my own. Empower me to live this day as You would have me live it – enjoying and glorifying You! Now that would truly be ‘another glimpse of grace’.

Thank You Lord. Allow me to feel ‘scrunched’ for as long as it serves Your purpose. I love You! Amen.

(456 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment