Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teach me

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 (6:24 a.m.)

Most Holy God,

Not only am I here to thank and praise You, but also to worship and adore You. Humbly, honestly and wholeheartedly I am asking You to teach me how. Lord, I watch You work and am amazed. Teach me to take that amazement with me everywhere I go.

I want to share You better Lord. I want to be more authentically me. You know who You created me to be. I keep hedging myself. Recently I’ve become more aware of my desire for other people’s approval and validation. Instead, I want to learn how to seek and be satisfied having it come from You Oh Lord (our Lord…) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUQDtrLUSIQ

Most Blessed God, I love how You call to me to get my attention. So often I run around busying myself, not giving You any mind. Oh, but when I slow, there You are. Smiling? With a nod of Your head? Softly uttering, “Finally, she’s getting it.” That is how I imagine Your patience with me at times. Thank You God. Thank You that You have far more for me than I could ever hope to think to ask.

I turn in Your Word and it almost feels like that day in a candy store a few weeks back when Terry, Justin and I kept calling out to one another, “Come over here. You’ve got to see this!” Right now I’m in Psalm 119. There are arrows, underlines, brackets, exclamation marks and dates that I’ve put throughout this chapter through the years. Today I add more. Darker, more pronounced.

Starting with verse 64, “O Lord, the earth is full of your loving-kindness! Teach me Your good paths.” Continuing through verse 68, “Lord, I am overflowing with Your blessings, just as You promised. Now teach me good judgment as well as knowledge. For Your laws are my guide. I used to wander off until You punished me; now I closely follow all You say [that is definitely the author of this particular Psalm speaking ‘cause I’m still not at the ‘all’ part of obedience yet]. You are good and do only good; make me follow Your lead.”

Yes Lord. Even here You’ve blessed me again! Looking for this particular song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZ4Cjjts7E&feature=related You provided me this encouragement as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuUrPbFzIo&feature=related

Thank You Lord. Teach me to use Your strength, Your power, Your love to Your glory. I love You Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(410 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment