Tuesday, June 23, 2009

attention

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 (6:23 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thanks for the fun little play with numbers just now. You know ~ June 23, 6:23. Why do You think that it’s the simplest little things that get my attention?

Mmm, Lord, let me pay close attention to the things You want me to know today. I confess to You how very often I start out in one direction, only to very quickly take a sharp turn one way or another. Lord, help me learn to have You and Your Way as my main focus!

Sitting here with You this morning it seems that everywhere I turn something comes back to affirming our need for connection with You and Your Word. Thank You for this Dear Lord. This particular morning it seems so easy to see You and Your hand in all I encounter.

I continue referring to this particular year (me at 55) as “my year of learning to ‘keep it so simple’”. Thank You for helping me recognize my need for the simple, easier things You have to offer us. Thank You for guiding and directing me towards simplicity.

Most Dear and Precious God, I am hugging my Bible to my chest. Again, everything I read, everywhere I turn, there’s another confirmation that this is indeed the right track. Thank You Lord.

Peter’s second letter to believers everywhere brings it home, loud and clear. Written ‘to help his readers keep their focus on God’s grace and truth’ and NOT on the false teachings of those who had come to deceive them, I can’t thank You enough for his example Lord. He speaks of surrender to You Lord and the importance of learning to know You better and better (1:2).

It was verse 19’s containing the word ‘attention’ that brought me to this particular book this morning. It’s Peter’s continued emphasis of knowing You and Your power and Your peace that’s kept me captive and unable to leave it.

Lord, I love You so much more than I am even presently aware. Thank You for another glimpse of Your grace this morning. Help me know You better and better and in the process learn to keep things as simple as You would have them.

I love You Lord. Amen.

(375 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment