Sunday, June 28, 2009

profound

Sunday, June 28, 2009 (6:39 a.m.)
Father God,
I missed being here yesterday. Again, it was one of those days where my plan was to come in as soon as I got done with just this one more thing. Not a good plan at all. But Lord, it did turn out to be a day filled with blessings. Plentiful blessings for which I am most grateful. Thank You Lord.
Yes Lord, this morning I come before You grateful for Your abundance. The way You provide for us. The things You do to keep our focus on You Lord. Thank You for them all Dear Lord.
I’m smiling right now Lord. Once again You have surprised me. I thought the word for today would go along the lines of Your abundant provisions to us. But no, instead I am reading about Paul’s trial before Felix (Acts 24). Having thought of Your profound blessings to us, I started this current line of examination by turning to verse 3 of said chapter.
It was my thinking that a verse speaking of excellence and acknowledging ‘this with profound gratitude’ would be directed toward You. Here again I jumped ahead, making another incorrect assumption.
Lord, as I continue looking to You and Your Word, I ask that You would go before us [as a family who struggles greatly to get along with one another] as some of us go to worship and fellowship together. Bless us in the ways You have decided we need. Making us grateful, stronger and far more loving than we could ever imagine being if it were not for Your profound provisions and presence in our lives.
I love You so much Dear Lord. Make us acceptable in Your sight Most Holy God. I love You. Amen.
(296 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment