Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shocked!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 (6:05 a.m.)

“God of Grace,

“And God of Glory, On Thy people pour Thy power…” Most Holy God, I don’t even know where to begin in thanking You today.

I notice myself changing. I believe it’s me becoming more aware of and ‘in tune’ with myself. I know from past experience that this can very quickly and easily turn quite ugly. I’ve ventured out at ‘growing up’ before, only to become so sharp and abrasive that I didn’t even like myself. So this time, “I’m leavin’ it all up to You (ooh-ooh) You decide what I’m ‘sposed to do…”

What a novel idea Lord! Turn to You first. Get my plans [marching orders, if You will] from You and then proceed. Yes. I like coming to You empty of my own agenda, asking You to fill me as You know is best. That’s exactly what I’m doing here this morning Lord.

Father, I confess to having been absolutely shocked yesterday upon discovering how different Terry’s and my expectations were concerning our upcoming trip to New Mexico. While I had every intention of camping right along with the rest of them, I am still reeling at the thought of Terry not knowing me well enough [after 36 years, mind You!] to realize ‘sans restroom’ is not a plan I would fully [nor joyfully] embrace. Lord, all the while we’re laughing and joking about this, I admit how stunned I still am at the very thought of our very differing assumptions.

Thank You that we have You to interpret for us! Both of us had very compelling reasons to believe as we did. What a surprising realization that we still have so much more to learn. Thank You that You are here to comfort, guide, and direct us.

I keep turning to Paul’s letter to the Galatians this morning and sighing. Various verses [beginning with 1:6] and themes [One Gospel, sowing, reaping] jump out at and ‘speak’ to me. Oh Lord, I feel so safe and secure in Your presence. Thank You!

Lord, how many times have I read in Galatians before? How often have I quoted selected verses from here [the Fruit of the Spirit (5:22,23) immediately comes to mind]? How have I previously missed [here again is that shocking realization that I don’t know something near as well as I thought I did!] the focus on ‘freedom in Christ’ throughout these chapters?

Oh my goodness Lord! What another joyous glimpse of Your grace! Thank You for Your faithfulness in continuing to provide for us our every need. Help me continue this process of allowing You to cultivate me as You know is necessary. I love You so much Dear Lord. Grow me into the exact woman You would have me be. I trust You Lord. Amen.

(461 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment