Monday, June 22, 2009

different

Monday, June 22, 2009 (5:56 a.m.)

Late night. Early morning. Strange day. Awesome God!

Lord, I can’t even begin to thank You enough for the incredible work You did in me yesterday. I can try by simply saying “Thank You” for giving me a far more relaxed and enjoyable time spent with my mom. Maybe I’ve been trying too hard to do too much regarding her care. Perhaps taking a simpler approach will allow greater enjoyment, for each of us. Thank You for the idea of doing less and possibly yielding more.

Thank You too for the desire to commingle Jake’s two oldest boy’s families yesterday to celebrate Father’s Day; adding another relaxing, highly enjoyable aspect to the day.

Lord, I like listening to You! I fully appreciate promptings from Your Holy Spirit. Just like getting up much earlier than usual this morning. Lord, I have to confess. It’s been so long that I didn’t even know that the sun would already be out at five something in the morning. Another surprise. As is having others stirring around in the house this early.

Again, Lord. Thank You! Thank You that You are teaching us to get along with each other. Teaching us to communicate in healthier ways. Even teaching me the awkward, different dynamics of living in a home with three males. Wow! Who knew [well, You did!] how different – yes! There’s my word for today! – things can be?

Yes Lord. Talk to me this morning about ‘different’. “Not the same as another or each other; unlike in nature, form, or quality; novel and unusual; distinct; separate…” Oh yes Lord! There’s plenty here. “Dissimilar, unalike, contrasting, varying, changed, altered, transformed, new, unfamiliar, unknown, strange, individual, discrete, independent, out of the ordinary, fresh, original, unconventional, exotic, uncommon…”

As the list goes on, my heart quickens to think of how different You made each of us Lord. You, the Creator of the universe, You knew exactly what You were doing! Thank You Lord!

Thank You especially that the song I sang in church (Packinghouse, Redlands CA) yesterday, that I woke up singing this morning and had difficulty locating on the internet earlier, just became available to me. Using a different approach I now have the words before me with which to sing wholeheartedly to You, “With a song in my heart I’m gonna run to You With a song in my heart I’m gonna run. With praise in my mouth I’m gonna run to You With praise in my mouth I’m gonna run. With a song in my heart, and praise in my mouth, I will stand to my feet and worship You now Though my strength is gone and I don’t know how I’m gonna run.”

I cry every time Lord! The tears come so readily whenever I admit that I don’t know how I’m going to do something, but that I do know that I can count on You to provide the strength I need. “I’m gonna run” And not just anywhere mind You. No! “I’m gonna run TO YOU” - with a song in my heart and praise in my mouth! Oh, yes, dear Lord let me stand to my feet and worship You now! All the while running to You!

What a different outcome it makes when instead of running from something, whatever it may be, we are actually running to You! Thank You Lord.

As I sit here considering how different You have made each of us, I turn to 1 Corinthians (4:7 and many of the verses in chapter 12) and realize that I am not the first to be made aware of this. Thank You Lord for Your faithful saints that have gone before us, helping to pave the way on which we run to You. Thank You that I don’t have to know how, I just have to be willing. Thank You that You keep working in me to provide the desire. It all comes from You dear Lord and I am so incredibly grateful! Thank You for making me different. I love You! Amen.

(580 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment