Sunday, June 14, 2009

adjusting

Sunday, June 14, 2009 (6:08 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You! I just got a whole extra hour. Thinking that it was already seven and that I was going to need to rush though this time with You to get on with the day, when I saw that it was only six my first thought was that I could go right back to bed. Thank You for keeping me here with You instead.

Lord, I’m confessing that it’s still taking me time to adjust to being home. I have yet to find a rhythm that doesn’t leave me exhausted at the end of the day. I also confess to the extremely negative two-year type whining I’ve been doing concerning things that I don’t want to involve myself in. Lord, I truly do want to grow into the woman You would have me be.

Searching Your Word, longing to read what You have for me today. I seem to be finding a degree of hope and strength (another glimpse of grace) in 2 Corinthians. Far more than a degree with every word I read.

Lord, thank You for Your faithful followers of the past who wrote Your words all those years ago that we would have them today to apply to our daily lives. Thank You that You wanted us to know that there were going to be false teachers among us and that we would need to be able to recognize You and Your truth.

Thank You that in verse after verse we are reminded that we are not alone in our thoughts or our feelings. Others have thought and felt these things but by Your power we are given ‘the strength to endure’ (1:7). As I continue twisting and turning things in my head, I am going to practice passing them over to You to sort out for me Lord.

I love You so much Dear Lord. I want to serve You as You desire. Provide for me the serenity, the courage and the wisdom I need to be and do all that You have in store for me this day. I love You Lord. Thank You for extra time to adjust my attitude and my heart. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(370 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment