Friday, March 2, 2018

'seek out'


Wednesday, February 28, 2018 (6:39 a.m.)
Deep breath, big smile.

Thank You Father. I’ve been avoiding You this morning. Didn’t know how or even want to start our time together, so I looked up the opposite of ‘avoid’. It’s ‘seek out’. And I started singing just like that.

♪Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, And His righteousness, And all these things will be added unto you, Allelu, alleluia

Mm, yes. Holy God, I long to truly seek You out. Thank You Father.

Turning to various translations of Matthew 6:33, I find my heart swelling with the hope that comes from trusting and believing You. Blessed God, thank You.

By reading in and of Your Word, I am reminded that “Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of the day” (The Life Recovery Bible devotional). Thank You Father.

The Amplified Bible tells us we are to “aim at, strive after” Your “way of doing and being right - the attitude and character of God”. “Then all your other needs will be met as well” (Expanded Bible).

We look to You Blessed God. International Children’s Bible, “The thing you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what God wants. Then all these other things you need will be given to you.”

All we need. Not want. Need. Illustrated Bible Handbook says, “Freed from the need to constantly worry about the material, Jesus’ followers can put God first and live each day for Him (32-34).” Yes, please.

I love You. I seek You out. Do all You must that I would follow as You lead. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(283 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment