Friday, March 16, 2018

easily amused


Friday, March 16, 2018 (5:25 a.m.)
How ‘bout that, Lord?

I’ve been talking with You since I woke up for the last time this morning. At 4:24. Thank You that I am so easily amused with numbers. Thank You for every single time I find myself smiling.

Thank You for the wide range of music that plays and sings inside my head. From ♪Anything Goes♪ to I’m not sure what praise and worship song was here just moments ago.

Yes. Father, thank You even for fleeting thoughts. Snippets of Truth. Reminders of what a good and awesome God You truly are.

For the first time in many months I bounded out of bed just now, eager [agog] to share my heart with You. Thank You that as I lay there thinking of and internally singing to You, the words “target practice” came to mind.

Yes most holy God, thank You for the way they all tied together. Let me try and untangle what all made perfect sense just moments ago.

I love You. Your Word tells us in Deuteronomy 6:4-6, “The LORD our God is one LORD; and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart” (Revised Standard Version).

Just the day I got a bit of understanding regarding this text and the one quoted by Jesus in Mark 12:29-30. Deuteronomy says, “might” while Mark has Jesus saying, “mind and strength”. Thank You Father for the clue of how difficult it is to find the perfect word from one language to another.

We are to love You totally. Completely. With all we are. And our neighbors as ourselves. That’s the target for which I am to aim.

With all of my heart. All of my soul. All of my mind. And all of my strength. Every single part of my feeling, being, thinking and doing. Love You, myself and others.

Blessed God, how I thank You for blessing me. Keeping me. Knowing me. Wanting me. Use me this day exactly as You wish.

I love You. I praise You. I choose You. I trust You. Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength is my target. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(391 words ~ 6:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment