Monday, March 5, 2018

all


Monday, March 5, 2018 (7:15 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

(7:37 a.m.)

Thank You. Thank You that You are good. Holy. Kind. Loving. Mighty. Powerful. All…

Ephesians 4:6

Micah 7:18

♪Mercy ~ You delight in showing mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment♪

Yes Father. Thank You for all the directions my mind takes me. I think of You as all powerful. All loving. All mighty. All merciful.

Blessed God, I am so grateful to You for the hope I find in reading Your Word. I confess to focusing far too often on the mistakes I regularly make. How comforting it is to read, “Where is another God like You, who pardons the sins of the survivors among His people? You cannot stay angry with Your people forever, because You delight in showing mercy” (Micah 7:18).

Here I again smile while hopefully rereading the lyrics to a song sung in church yesterday. ♪My past embraced My sin forgiven I’m blameless in Your sight My history rewritten You delight in showing mercy Mercy triumphs over judgment♪ Oh that I would truly believe and trust Your mercy and grace.

Blessed Father, how I ask You to teach me to forgive myself. I long to allow You to do the work You would in me.

Illustrated Bible Handbook for Chapter 7. Misery and Restoration ends with, “Micah’s closing image of a God who will ‘hurl all our iniquities into the depth of the sea’ is a beautiful picture of the completeness of forgiveness. As His redeemed our sins too are forgiven… and gone.” What hope I find in this.

Turning again to Ephesians 4:6, I ask You “the perfect Father who leads us all, works through us all, and lives in us all” to do all You must that I would live this day as You wish. Straighten my thinking to Your best for each of us. I love You. I long to serve You. Worship and adore You. In Jesus’ most holy name I pray. Amen.
(338 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment