Monday, March 12, 2018

a good and mighty work


Monday, March 12, 2018 (6:48 a.m.)
Holy, Holy, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

You are doing a work in me. A good and mighty work. Thank You. Thank You for challenging me to look at the hard places and not be afraid.

Mm… I don’t have to be afraid! Thank You Father. Thank You.

I got to wake up singing again. ♪Anything Goes♪ Very jazzy. Practically danced my way down the hall. Got here and honestly changed my tune.

Funny thing… I just realized that I had only moments before been reading of the importance of singing You a new song. Thank You Father. Thank You for the ways You are here with us, especially when we aren’t keenly aware of Your presence.

The apostle Paul spoke of being irresistibly drawn to Jerusalem by Your Holy Spirit (Acts 20:22-23). “Paul sensed a clear leading by the Holy Spirit and was determined to follow it. Apparently Paul was aware that God’s plan would lead him through difficult circumstances [jail and suffering (v. 23)]. Yet he felt compelled to do the work God assigned him” (The Life Recovery Bible comment 20:22-38).

In speaking to the Ephesian elders Paul told them, “But life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about God’s mighty kindness and love.” Thank You for such a clear example of dedication and obedience to Your leading.

As the peppy tune of ♪Anything Goes♪ continues popping in and out of my subconscious I once more become aware of the new things I am learning. The importance of going through and fully experiencing our pain. Being willing to ask, “What happened to you?” instead of “What’s wrong with you?” Changing my “if/then” beliefs to “though/still”.

And here again comes the new song I started singing earlier. ♪Even though I walk through the valley Of the shadow of death Your perfect love is casting out fear And even when I’m caught in the middle Of the storms of this life I won’t turn back, I know You are near… Yes, I can see a light that is coming For the heart that holds on And there will be an end to these troubles But until that day comes Still I will praise You, still I will praise You♪

Even though this or that or something else has happened or may happen, still I will praise You. Yes Father. In this process of learning to lament, experience my feelings, and forgive myself and others, I am asking You to guide me step by step through the undertaking.

I love You Father. I trust You Jesus. I need You Holy Spirit.

Through the effort of addressing the “fear of letting go of the old and no longer needed” I look to You and Your good and mighty work in, with, by, through and for me. I am asking You Dear Father, Son and Holy Spirit to do all You must in making me truly able to “freely and easily release the old and joyously welcome the new” (Heal Your Body).

Oh how I love You. I fear You. I thank You. Praise You. You are good. Mighty. Holy. Work in and through me, I pray. Thank You. Amen.

(561 words ~ 9:42 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment