Thursday, March 15, 2018

Blessed beyond belief


Thursday, March 15, 2018 (7:18 a.m.)
Holy God,

I am looking to You. I came out here excited to meet with You. Then I got side tracked. Started looking at other things. And there went my spirit.

Mm. Yes. Father, there is a huge battle raging within me right now. I absolutely know I am blessed. Yes. Blessed beyond belief. Yet at the very same time I am plagued by the “what about…?”s.

What about this? What about that? What about something else? Hmm. Rather than stay in that way of thinking, I turn to You and find hope.

Yes! Thank You Father. I tend to get lost inside my head. There is so incredibly much to consider at any given time. And then I remember. Look to You. Turn to You. Trust You.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Trust You!

The Life Recovery Bible Discovering Hope John 5:1-15 discusses “all or nothing” thinking. I confess to getting trapped there often. Something is either all wonderful or all terrible, no middle ground. Not true!

Well, except You. You are always all good! All knowing. All forgiving. All loving.

Thank You Father that I get to bring all my thoughts, hopes, fears, wonders straight to You. And You never disappoint.

Thank You that as bad as I may feel about myself or others or circumstances, I always have the choice of coming before You. Exactly as I am.

Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. Thank You that no matter what is going on within me or without, You remain constant.

Back to Discovery Hope, “This man was so crippled that he couldn’t go any farther on his own. He camped as near as he could to a place where there was hope for recovery. God met him there and brought him the rest of the way. For us, ‘entirely ready’ may mean getting as close to the hope of healing as we can in our crippled condition. When we do, God will meet us there and take us the rest of the way.”

Thank You for the hope we have in being made whole (John 5:6). Let my answer to Your “Would you like to be healed?” Be “Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!”

Healing, wholeness comes from You. Thank You for the privilege of asking, “From whence shall my help come?” (Psalm 121:1b) and immediately being told, “My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth” (v. 2).

Thank You Father. Praise You. I love You. I trust You. I choose You. I need You. Do all You must with, in, by, through and for me this day. Let it [and me] be exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(465 words ~ 10:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment