Wednesday, March 7, 2018

from above


Tuesday, March 7, 2018 (6:21 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You.

Praise and worship was not my first genre this morning. I confess to having felt pretty awkward about the song that repeatedly came to me before dawn.

♪Mr. Moonlight, come again please Here I am on my knees Begging if you please♪

Ah, but now as I explore the lyrics, I have the smile that’s announcing the peace that is growing in my heart. ♪And from above You sent us love♪

Oh yes! Holy God, You did send us love from above. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

As I turn to Your Word Blessed Father, I ask You to guide and direct me to Your liking. Isaiah 32:15, “Yes, weep and grieve until the Spirit is poured down on us from above” (The Message). Illustrated Bible Handbook, “But one day God’s Spirit will be poured out.” Mm.

The smile on my face at this particular moment is reflecting the wonder that continues welling up in my heart. Thank You Jesus.

You are so good. So holy. So righteous. So perfect.

Reading over in John 3, I find myself again in awe. Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost), thank You that You can speak to me so simply. Yet at the very same time so profoundly.

There are huge Truths here. Spiritual rebirth. God’s Kingdom. Faith. Forgiveness. Empowerment. Change. New life. Your will. Our unwillingness. Trust. Refusal.

Oh! Here come the chills. The joy. An excitement I haven’t experienced with You in a while.

Jesus, the Light of the World “Jesus said to the people, ‘I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life’” (John 8:12).

A reference to Jeremiah 31:33 leads me to reading a comment in The Life Recovery Bible. “31:1-40 God paints a joyful picture of recovery, with all the elements of repentance, sorrow, forgiveness, laughter, restoration, and hope. Once again God’s people would follow His plan for them, and He would receive their worship and praise.”

Holy God, this is what I pray. Your healing power. Our rebuilt relationship. Your delight “in finding new ways to exhibit [Your] love to those who belong to Him.”

So much Truth. So much hope. Enable me as another comment states, “3:1-12 … Being born again is the beginning - a baby step in the process. The hard part comes each subsequent day as we submit our stubborn heart and will to the control of God’s Spirit. True recovery is not attained by our trying harder to live a better life. As we repent, entrust our life to God, and seek to obey Him, we will receive forgiveness and true recovery.”

Amen Dearest God! 

Friends of the Light John 3:18-21 Sometimes we don’t want to know God’s will because there are areas in our life that we aren’t ready to deal with yet. Recovery is a process for us. We may be ready to pray for God’s will in some areas but feel uncomfortable having God’s light shine into the areas that are still hidden in shame.”

Again, I say, “Amen!” This is me.

“Darkness is great when we are trying to hide something, but light is needed when we are trying to walk without falling.” Darkness. Addiction. Shame. Power. Redemption. Light. Your incredible guiding light!

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You for singing ♪Mr. Moonlight♪ so repeatedly to me that I could not ignore it. ♪Here I am on my knees Begging if You please… I’ll pray and pray more each day… And from above You sent us love… Cause we love You, Mr. Moonlight♪

Yes. Indeed. How much we love You. Use us this day. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. Praise You. Love You. Serve You. Amen.

(649 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment