Friday, March 9, 2018

hope in God


Friday, March 9, 2018 (6:11 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for the hope we have in You.

Yes! Thank You. Praise You. Bless You Father.

I confess to You my most recent refusal to hope. The other day a five minute timed writing exercise yielded a true fear… of disappointment. My own. And that of others.

Thank You Father! Thank You that we get to bring our every single foible before You. Thank You that You are not put off by any of our weaknesses and failings.

Yes, Father. Yes. Oh yes.

Hope is not easy for me. It opens me up to potentially being disappointed. Thank You that You are so much bigger than every single one of my fears.

“Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope” (Ephesians 3:20).

Yes. Yes. Oh yes!

3:14-21 … Paul prayed that his friends might be deeply anchored and rooted in the soil of God’s love. As we learn how much God loves us, we will become confident that He is able to do far more in and through us than we could ever imagine! … We may feel that our life is hopeless and beyond recovery. But through God restoration and healing are possible. When we are grounded in God’s love, recovery will follow” (The Life Recovery Bible).

My hope is in You Blessed God.

“You made me; You created me. Now give me the sense to follow Your commands. May all who fear You find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in Your Word” (Psalm 119:73-74).

119:73-77 … All of God’s work - even His discipline - is done because of His goodness and faithfulness. God wants us to live joyfully. We need to seek God’s will and do our best, with His help, to follow it” (TLRB).

Yes Father. My hope is in You. You keep reminding me through songs of Your presence. ♪Mr. Moonlight♪, ♪Every Little Thing♪ and now ♪My life is in You, Lord♪

Oh, yes Blessed God! ♪My life… my strength… my hope is in You, Lord In You, it’s in You… All my hope is in You♪ Do all You must in using me exactly as You wish.

I love You. I praise You. I thank You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. I hope in You. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen.
(432 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment