Monday, October 9, 2017

taking heed

Monday, October 9, 2017 (7:37 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

What is it going to take for me to stay here, focused on You?

I love You. You are so good. So faithful. And my approach to time spent with You has not been.

Blessed Father God I want to take heed. Pay attention to my relationship with You. I confess to the carelessness with which I appear to come before You. Distracted. Preoccupied. Inattentive.

You deserve better. So much more than I have been able [or is it willing?] to offer.

Mm, yes Father. I love You. Keep me here. With You. In Your Word. To completion.

Reading Paul’s Final Advice (2 Corinthians 13:1-10) as well as his Final Greeting (vs. 11-13) in The Life Recovery Bible, my face is smiling as my heart is leaping. There is such self-recognition here. And hope.

Illustrated Bible Handbook simply abridges, “Chapter 13. Warning!” I read and agree. “Just as Paul relies on Christ in the heart to motivate obedience (ch. 5), so also Paul relies on Christ in the heart to discipline His own people.

“Christ in the heart”. The smile doesn’t fade. A feeling of empowerment swells. A sense of ‘all things being possible’ (Matthew 19:26; Mark 9:23) again grows. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Oh most dear and Holy God there is so incredibly much for which we are to be aware. I long to take heed. Do all You must!

“Paul’s farewells are brief. ‘Aim at perfection,’ he urges. ‘Listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you’ (11)” Illustrated Bible Handbook.

The Life Recovery Bible comment sums up 13:11, “As Paul closed this letter to the Corinthians, he left them with some worthy challenges and goals to pursue. In essence, he admonished the people to open their minds and hearts to personal change and the healing of their relationships. Such spiritual growth and interpersonal harmony can be fueled by faith in God, the ultimate source of healing love and peace. As modern readers of this letter, we, too, can benefit by acting on Paul’s wise counsel.”

Yes! “Rejoice! Change your ways. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.” Yes, Father. Yes!

Verses 12a and 13, “Greet each other in Christian love… May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” Oh, yes Blessed God. Empower and enable me in taking heed to Your Holy Word.

I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(451 words ~ 9:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment