Monday, October 16, 2017

Pride.

Monday, October 16, 2017 (6:28 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I made a mistake. And I’m trying to justify it by passing the blame onto someone else. Forgive me, Father. Perhaps I do this more often than I would like to admit.

Wow! How’s that for honest? Let’s step right in to You helping me grow through this current experience shall we.

“I was wrong.” That is not my favorite saying. “I made a mistake.” That comes out much easier. Mm, Father, take me deeper in exposing my desire to save face. Pride. Hmm…
(8:07 a.m.)

And now here I am reading of Joseph in Matthew 1:19. The Voice, “Joseph, because he was kind and upstanding and honorable, wanted to spare Mary shame. He did not wish to cause her more embarrassment than necessary.”

In my way of thinking, he wanted to help her save face Thank You Father. Thank You for his example. Thank You for his trust and faith in You.

The Life Recovery Bible’s overview of this book says, “Because Joseph believed God, his perspective changed. Mary and Joseph’s mutual commitment to and trust in God served as the foundation upon which their trust in each other could be reestablished.”

Holy God, how I thank You for taking a heartfelt confession of pride and directing me to deeper Truth. I love You Father. I ask You to guide the conversation I am going to be having concerning another mistake I’ve made.

Thank You for Your Truth. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for the love You have for each and every single one of us. Guide and direct my choices and actions this day. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(289 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment