Thursday, October 19, 2017

into action

Thursday, October 19, 2017 (6:24 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. You’ve helped me take action already this morning. Rather than shelve certain projects for later, I’ve made some decisions. And put others into action.

Yes, Father. Thank You.

Looking to You. Depending on You. Trusting in You, I am here thanking You. And asking that You would continue Your fine, good work with me.

The practice of putting thoughts into action is relatively new to me. I tend to wait. Process. Consider. Mull over. And oftentimes talk myself right out of many opportunities. Thank You for working to change that in me.

Father, You alone are good. You are Who I long to please. How I ask You to keep me walking the path You would have me take.

David thanked You because “You went into action” on his behalf (Psalm 52:9a The Message). Here I look into his words and echo them as my own. He spoke of people who “who didn’t make God their refuge. Instead, they trusted in their own wealth. They sought refuge in it - to their own destruction!” (v.7).

In verses eight and nine the Common English Bible continues presenting David’s experience with You. “But I am like a green olive tree in God’s house; I trust in God’s faithful love forever and always. I will give thanks to You, God, forever, because You acted. In the presence of Your faithful people, I will hope in Your name because It’s so good.”

Mm, yes, Your name IS so good! How I ask You to bless me and keep me in Your name this day. Work in, with, by, through and for me that I would continue with the action You have set forth.

I love You. I long to serve You. To fully esteem and revere You. Yes Father. Continue prompting me into action to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(324 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment