Saturday, October 21, 2017

special favor

Saturday, October 21, 2017 (8:29 a.m.)
Escondido, CA
Holy God,

Thank You! We got to take another trip. Reconnect with an offspring. Explore new to all of us locations. Learn a lot about farm animals. Even fire a corn cannon. Yes Father, thank You.

As we take a lazy approach to whatever this day holds for us, Blessed God, I am asking special favor from You. Yes Father, it has taken me five days to stop long enough to ask You to do in, by, through and for me ALL that I cannot do on my own.

Dearest God, my body hurts. I don’t know if it’s from a long ago pull I experienced with my left arm. Or the extended yard work I did on Monday. Again, I say to You, my body hurts!

How I thank You for reminding me to come to You. Even the words ‘special favor’ took me straight into Your Word. Joshua 15:19 “Acsah answered, ‘I would like a special favor’.”

Going one verse up (18) to see what and who she was answering, I am excited to read, “… Acsah went to her father.” These five words immediately reminded me of the Truth of a different phrase. “You have not because You ask not.”

Searching Your Word I find where Joshua (10:12-14) spoke to You and the “sun stopped in its tracks in mid sky; just sat there all day. There’s never been a day like that before or since - GOD took orders from a human voice!”

Holy God, I absolutely am not ordering. I am asking. Seeking. Knocking. The Message tells us, “Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need” (Matthew 7:7).

What do I need? YOU! What do I seek? Pain relief. Yes Father, I am coming to You asking for Your guidance in what must be done to heal my body.

I love You. I long to serve You. With a body that doesn’t scare me because of the pain. Guide me as only You can. Thank You, in advance. Amen.

(353 words ~ 9:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment