Tuesday, October 17, 2017

propelled

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 (7:56 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. You propel me forward. Left on my own, to myself, I flounder. Resting in and trusting You, I truly am free.

Free to decide. Take action. Choose. Yes Father. Because of Your presence I am feeling empowered. Free to make mistakes. To “fail big”. To risk.

Hmm… go figure. All these years of living afraid. Scared of being embarrassed. And when I confess it to You? You propel me forward. Thank You.

Thank You that in considering myself propelled, I am led to Hebrews 1:3. “He (the Son) is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God’s] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,” (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).

Mm, yes Father. The Life Recovery Bible comment for this verse begins, “There is a vast difference between the divine infinite Being (God) and limited human beings.” Yes! You are all powerful. Thank You.

“The only way a person can come to understand something of God’s glory and power is to get to know Jesus Christ by faith.” Yes! “Christ is simultaneously both an incredibly powerful expression of God’s person and the One who lovingly entered sinful human existence to redeem and renew needy souls.”

And then the begin finish… “When we acknowledge how powerless we are to save ourself, we can then come to the only power who can accomplish what we cannot - God in Jesus Christ.” YES! I can do NOTHING of value on my own. Oh, but in You…

Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. I am here asking for Your power once again. Seeking to be propelled into action. Knocking on Your door of opportunity to do good and be obedient to You and Your Word.

The Worldwide English (New Testament) says of Jesus, “He shines as bright as God. He is like God Himself. He holds up the world by the power of His Word. He made people clean from their wrong ways. Then He sat down beside God in heaven.” It is to You and Your power I turn this morning. Thanking You. Praising You. Loving You.

Propel me this day I pray. Amen.
(422 words ~ 9:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment